Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Renato Romano <r....@set-network.com> on 2002/03/27 10:53:36 UTC

SSL Client Certificates

I need to setup client Auth by using SSL and certificates; I correctly
set up Tomcat (4) for ssl, using the standard docs, but what i need to
do now, is:
1) request the client to send a Certificate (clientAuth=true in the
Factory Element)
2) Use the information in the certificate to authenticate the user !! (I
do not want anyone to gain access to the site, even if he has a
certificate !!)
3) Test all these, by creating (maybe?) a self signed certificate on my
PC, and let Tomcat Accept that certificate!
Any Help ??
Thanks A lot ...
Renato
Renato Romano