Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@wso2.com> on 2006/09/13 10:15:11 UTC

Re: [Axis2] AXIS2_CALL_GET_BASE macro

Chintana Wilamuna wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is AXIS2_CALL_GET_BASE macro deprecated?  I can see it's being used in
> the Axis2 PHP extension but I can't find it in the Axis2 source.
>
> Is there a different function that does the same task as
> AXIS2_CALL_GET_BASE?
call struct is no more. You have to use svc_client

Samisa...

Re: [Axis2] AXIS2_CALL_GET_BASE macro

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@wso2.com>.
Chintana Wilamuna wrote:
> On 9/13/06, Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@wso2.com> wrote:
>
>> > Is there a different function that does the same task as
>> > AXIS2_CALL_GET_BASE?
>> call struct is no more. You have to use svc_client
>
> I'm trying to understand the way of calling an existing web service,
> given an XML string as the payload.  I'm going through
> service_client.c in Axis2 PHP extension.  The AXIS2_CALL_GET_BASE
> macro seems to be returning a struct of axis2_mep_client_t after
> taking an axis2_call_t and axis2_env_t as parameters.
>
> So how can I get an axis2_mep_client_t by giving axis2_svc_client_t
> and axis2_env_t as parameters?  Is there a function for this?  Or am I
> following a wrong path?
Looks like you are on the wrong path. Best is to use service client API,
even though mep client is there, it is deprecated.
You can get it all done with service client and op client.

Samisa...

Re: [Axis2] AXIS2_CALL_GET_BASE macro

Posted by Chintana Wilamuna <ch...@gmail.com>.
On 9/13/06, Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@wso2.com> wrote:

> > Is there a different function that does the same task as
> > AXIS2_CALL_GET_BASE?
> call struct is no more. You have to use svc_client

I'm trying to understand the way of calling an existing web service,
given an XML string as the payload.  I'm going through
service_client.c in Axis2 PHP extension.  The AXIS2_CALL_GET_BASE
macro seems to be returning a struct of axis2_mep_client_t after
taking an axis2_call_t and axis2_env_t as parameters.

So how can I get an axis2_mep_client_t by giving axis2_svc_client_t
and axis2_env_t as parameters?  Is there a function for this?  Or am I
following a wrong path?

Thanks in advance,

Bye,

    -Chintana