Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Warwick Burrows <wa...@e2open.com> on 2004/08/30 22:44:56 UTC

Simple XML and Office extractor configs

Hi,

The simple and office extractors that are configured in the Domain.xml file
by default. What do they do?  ie. One is configured to
/slide/articles/test.xml and the other to /slide/doc. Do they create these
dirs and put data in them or do they only extract properties from files
under those directories?  Do I need to have a test.xml to make it work? I'm
getting an xpath failure from the simple extractor init process and am not
sure whether how they should be configured. Slide starts but I'm guessing
that the extractors (or at least one) didn't load.

Thanks,
Warwick

 <http://www.e2open.com/>

  _____

Warwick Burrows
Senior Software Engineer

Email: wburrows@e2open.com <ma...@e2open.com>
Fax:   512.343.8727

9600 Great Hills Trail, #325
Austin, TX  78759
http://www.e2open.com <http://www.e2open.com/>

  _____

RE: Simple XML and Office extractor configs

Posted by Ryan Rhodes <ry...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Warwick,

The MS office extractor will extract the OLE metadata, like author and date
modified, from office documents.  The example directory "/slide/doc" is the
directory you want it to extract properties from.  The metadata is stored as
regular DAV properties once extracted.  That directory doesn't exist.  It is
just an example.  The overhead of using "/slide/files" is probably too much
for people who don't need it.

I'm not sure about the xml extractor, but I was getting the same exception
on init.  I think it is a bug because I don't remember getting it a couple
months ago.  I just disabled it.

-Ryan

  _____