Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by George Stanchev <Gs...@serena.com> on 2006/12/07 04:16:36 UTC

rahas

Hi,

Is there a reason rahas is a module at all? In previous builds rahas
was a service (aar), which i thought makes more sense - after all, it
has a service functionality in it, and if someone wants to extend
it, why do they have to define a dummy service (as in the test cases)
just to serve a RST.

Speaking of the test cases in integration,
they only run under the simple HTTP server that comes with axis2.
In order to run them under tomcat for example, several changes
need to be applied-the TestClient.java needs to be modified to put
proper addressing namespace in the RST mssage - it uses
AddressingConstants.Submission.WSA_NAMESPACE when
it should use AddressingConstants.Final.WSA_NAMESPACE.
Unless there is a way to configure axis2 servlet which namespace
to recognize. In addition, opensaml1.1b has a dependency on
log4j which is missing from both axis2 1.1 distro and rahas. Adding
it to the repo lib dir solves the problem.

Is there any plan to finish the trust2 model in wss4j sandbox?
It would be nice to have some real api for wst ;-)

Thanks

are addressed. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

RE: rahas

Posted by George Stanchev <Gs...@serena.com>.
Hi Ruchith,

I see. My comments below.

George

Posted by Ruchith Fernando <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On 12/7/06, George Stanchev <Gs...@serena.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there a reason rahas is a module at all? In previous builds rahas
> was a service (aar), which i thought makes more sense - after all, it
> has a service functionality in it, and if someone wants to extend
> it, why do they have to define a dummy service (as in the test cases)
> just to serve a RST.

The main purpose of the rahas.mar is to enable STS functionality on a
service to support WS-SecureConversation scenarios. In these
scenario's the service is expected to issue and cancel
SecurityContextTokens.

> Speaking of the test cases in integration,
> they only run under the simple HTTP server that comes with axis2.
> In order to run them under tomcat for example, several changes
> need to be applied-the TestClient.java needs to be modified to put
> proper addressing namespace in the RST mssage - it uses
> AddressingConstants.Submission.WSA_NAMESPACE when
> it should use AddressingConstants.Final.WSA_NAMESPACE.
> Unless there is a way to configure axis2 servlet which namespace
> to recognize.

hmm ... I thought axis2 addressing module can handle any addressing
version in incoming messages.

> In addition, opensaml1.1b has a dependency on
> log4j which is missing from both axis2 1.1 distro and rahas. Adding
> it to the repo lib dir solves the problem.

will add the log4j dependency to rahas.

> Is there any plan to finish the trust2 model in wss4j sandbox?
> It would be nice to have some real api for wst ;-)

I'm not sure about the trust2 stuff in wss4j ... but you are welcome
to suggest any improvements/patches to rahas ... I'll be glad to try
to implement/apply them.

Thanks,
Ruchith

--