Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Vic Cekvenich <vi...@baseBeans.com> on 2003/06/06 00:09:33 UTC

Servlet 2.2 / JSP 1.1

http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/status.html states:
"Struts 1.2.x will include additional functional enhancements along the
same lines as Struts 1.1. The platform requirements will remain the same
(Servlet 2.2 / JSP 1.1)."

I missed that discussion.

(Deprecation to me means it will be dropped in some future release)
I was hoping to suggest that Tomcat 3 be deprecated (and maybe even JDK
1.3) and deprecate logic tag and bean tag as well.
(and start looking at TC5 )

And move ALL tags to another Jar (same package names) to start SLOWLY
porting jsp tags to Jakarta tag lib over time.

Even some commons servlet request util could be made more generically
useful at commons.

I imagined 1.2 as no new code / features, just a few more fixes and
above deprecations. (and move up EL. )

I imagined 2.0 as some contrib. level for light SOAP. (unless we all go
JSF  :-P  )

Oh well.

.V