Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by "Wang, Howard" <Ho...@washpost.com> on 2015/11/30 21:11:15 UTC

Fetching offset timestamp with new KafkaConsumer

Hi,

I use the new KafkaConsumer from just released Kafka (kafka-clients) 0.9.0.0 to manually commit offsets (consumer.commitAsync()).  I have a use case where I want to know the meta data related to the offset such as the timestamp of the last offset.

In Kafka 0.8.* java API, there is an offset fetch API using OffsetFetchRequest. I could not find something similar in Kafka 0.9. Will there be ssomething  in KafkaConsumer?

Also, I am wondering where are kafka offsets stored internally on zookeeper? I tried to scan the zookeeper zNodes hierarchy and could not find a zNode related to the offset . I keep my KafkaConsumer running with a pre-set group id and client id when I did zookeeper search.

Thanks.

Howard

--
 Howard Wang
Engineering - Big Data and Personalization

1150 15th St NW, Washington, DC 20071
p. 202-334-9195
Email: howard.wang@washpost.com<ma...@washpost.com>