Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Eclipse <ec...@itcc.datos.de> on 2004/09/16 12:38:52 UTC

keep with next(Attribute)

Hello Folks,

may i ask, how do u solve the problem with
keep with next?
i mean when sometimes only one line shines in the next page.
or only the title shines in one page and the text(paragraph) in the next?

Regards.

sako.

Re: keep with next(Attribute)

Posted by Eclipse <ec...@itcc.datos.de>.
thank you for answer.
here is my situation.
1. tables are on solution, but really not good for me. i know about it.
2. the text changes relatively. so i cant find the break-before='page'
attribute.
3. my publishing rate is hight :(

 maybe someone of you knows another xml prossessor tool, which is
acceptibale (i mean $) and solves my problem.

i dont want to say fop is bad, i really want to support fop, but i have the
problems and i have to solve it.
according to, i dont know weather in the future this problem will be solved
in fop.

thanks in advance.
Regards.

Posted by Paul Vinkenoog <pa...@vinkenoog.nl>.
Hi Sako,

> may i ask, how do u solve the problem with keep with next?
> i mean when sometimes only one line shines in the next page.  or
> only the title shines in one page and the text(paragraph) in the
> next?

keep-with-next is only implemented for table rows, so one solution is
to create a table, put the header in the first row and what follows in
the next row(s). Don't forget to set keep-with-next on the first row
;-)