Posted to user@knox.apache.org by Mohammad Islam <mi...@yahoo.com> on 2016/11/01 19:14:06 UTC

HA support for YARN and NameNode UI level

Hi,I'm wandering if there is any built-in support in Knox for any (NN/RM) UI to automatically forward to active NN/RM.
I saw there is HA support in WebHDFS level. But not sure if I need to do anything special for HDFSUI. The same is true for YARNUI.
Regards,Mohammad

Re: HA support for YARN and NameNode UI level

Posted by larry mccay <lm...@apache.org>.
+1 on the collaborative approach within JIRA.
It's a great way to keep things moving while not stepping on each other's
toes and completely within the spirit of ASF!

Posted by Sumit Gupta <su...@hortonworks.com>.
Hey Mohammad,

Posted by Sumit Gupta <su...@hortonworks.com>.
Hey Mohammad,

Posted by Mohammad Islam <mi...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks Sumit for the pointer.
Is there any plan to work on it soon? The reason I'm asking is : if I get some guidance, I can also stab on it if Jeffrey (current Assignee) is busy.
Regards,Mohammad

    On Wednesday, November 2, 2016 4:43 PM, Sumit Gupta <su...@hortonworks.com> wrote:

 Hi Mohammad,

You are right we have HA support for various services that is somewhat generic and based on connectivity failures. Our WebHDFS HA support is a bit more specific and maps to some of the nuanced states that the Namenodes can be in. We have yet to put in specific support for Yarn and like you point out there is a redirect that occurs that needs to be handled.

There is an open JIRA to add support for Yarn’s resource manager in HA mode.

Posted by Mohammad Islam <mi...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
At this time, my browser also tried to connect to "http://<DIRECT_YARN_UI_HOST_PRIMARY>:8088/cluster"  but it's timed out because the YARN internal host was behind the firewall  and was not directly accessible through browser.