Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by esu2 <jo...@hotmail.com> on 2009/03/07 18:44:32 UTC

HTTP redirect problem

I'm using HTTPClient 3.1 to connect to a web site.
any request to server without login will be redirect to login page. after
user login(authenticated), there will be a cookie send back. any request
with valid cookies will be bypass login page to get access to target page.

I made it working in my client application by simulate this process and
works fine when I connect to test server.

The problem is when I point my client application to production server (in
another box, suppose have same configuration setup as my test server). after
authentication, I still redirected to login page when I try to access any
page.

Anyone tell me what could be reason or how to debug such difference between
test and product server? I user IE or Firefox, I do not see the difference
between test and product server.

Thanks

Re: HTTP redirect problem

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
esu2 wrote:
> I'm using HTTPClient 3.1 to connect to a web site.
> any request to server without login will be redirect to login page. after
> user login(authenticated), there will be a cookie send back. any request
> with valid cookies will be bypass login page to get access to target page.
>
> I made it working in my client application by simulate this process and
> works fine when I connect to test server.
>
> The problem is when I point my client application to production server (in
> another box, suppose have same configuration setup as my test server). after
> authentication, I still redirected to login page when I try to access any
> page.
>
> Anyone tell me what could be reason or how to debug such difference between
> test and product server? I user IE or Firefox, I do not see the difference
> between test and product server.
>
> Thanks

Wire logging [1] or Wireshark [2] are your best friends.

Oleg

[1] http://hc.apache.org/httpclient-3.x/logging.html
[2] http://www.wireshark.org/download.html