Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by Walt Karas <wk...@verizonmedia.com.INVALID> on 2020/11/02 16:20:14 UTC

ATS performance degradation when debug output is enabled

Since this was mentioned during the summit, I just wanted to highlight that
there was an issue opened for this, I created a PR, but it was never
merged:  https://github.com/apache/trafficserver/issues/6150

Re: ATS performance degradation when debug output is enabled

Posted by Walt Karas <wk...@verizonmedia.com.INVALID>.
Note also that the PR included an implementation of read/write locking that
avoids writer starvation, which apparently is an issue with
std::shared_mutex and pthreads rwlock.