Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Martin Baur <ma...@gmx.ch> on 2002/12/10 17:00:59 UTC

PLEASE HELP - installation of jportal

Hi all

I deleted the old jetspeed version and installed the new one. I am now trying to install jportal (the demo site) but I get a 404 when I try to call it. i really don't know what's wrong.

Re: Jetspeed 1.4B2

Posted by Krzysztof Krzos <Kr...@softax.com.pl>.
Yes me too!!! I spent half afternoon on this problem yesterday :))
I thought that I made something wrong but maybe not? (I hope :) )
Regards
Chris

> Greetings,
> I installed Tomcat 4.1.16 and downloaded the jetspeed  war file from the
> jakarta web site (version 1.4B2) and when I executed
> http://localhost:8080/jetspeed/
>
> I got the following error
>
> Horrible Exception: java.lang.NullPointerException
> at

org.apache.jetspeed.modules.pages.JetspeedTemplatePage.doBuildBeforeAction(J
> etspeedTemplatePage.java:159)
> at

org.apache.jetspeed.modules.pages.JetspeedVelocityPage.doBuildBeforeAction(J

Re: Jetspeed 1.4B2

RE: Jetspeed 1.4B2

AW: Jetspeed 1.4B2

Posted by Mark Ostermann <ma...@epost.de>.
Hi,
i got the same error too. I am using Tomcat 4.1.12 with Jetspeed 1.4b2.
I've tried it with the war file and with the source files. I always get
the error seen below. I've looked in jetspeed.log and I find a lot of
these errors:

[10 Dez 2002 19:43:24 ERROR] - RegistryService: Could not unmarshal:
G:\Server\Apache
Group\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.12\webapps\jetspeed\WEB-INF\conf\admin.xreg
java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol: g
	at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:586)
	at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:476)
	at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:425)
	at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager.startEntity(XMLEntityManager.jav
a:796)
	at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager.startDocumentEntity(XMLEntityMan
ager.java:741)
	at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.setInputSource(XMLDocument
ScannerImpl.java:260)
	at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(DTDConfiguration.java:4
98)
	at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(DTDConfiguration.java:5
80)
	at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:152)
	at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DOMParser.parse(DOMParser.java:253)
	at
org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(DocumentBuilderImpl.jav
a:201)
	at
javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.parse(DocumentBuilder.java:170)
	at
org.apache.jetspeed.services.registry.CastorRegistryService.loadFragment
(CastorRegistryService.java:599)

With jetspeed 1.4b1 I don't have these Errors.
Can someone please help or point in the right direction.
______________
Mark Ostermann

After downloading Tomcat 4.1.12 and downloading the war file from
Jakarta.  I executed the command "http://localhost:8080/jetspeed/ in my
IE
browser and got the following error

At 01:25 PM 12/10/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>James,
>If you are using Tomcat 4.0.4, I suggest upgrading to Tomcat 4.1.12
>
>Paul Spencer
>
>James Moliere wrote:
>
>>Greetings,
>>I'm getting the error below when I build Jetspeed 1.4B2.  What jar
file
>>contains this class?  I'm going nuts trying to find it.
>>Thanks!
>>
>>java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/w3c/dom/ls/DocumentLS
>>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method)
>>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:502)
>>         at

java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:123)

Re: Jetspeed 1.4B2

Posted by James Moliere <jm...@ucsd.edu>.

RE: Jetspeed 1.4B2

Posted by James Moliere <jm...@ucsd.edu>.
Paul,
Thanks!

Re: Jetspeed 1.4B2

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org>.
James,

Jetspeed 1.4B2

Re: PLEASE HELP - installation of jportal

Posted by Martin Baur <ma...@gmx.ch>.
well, my fault. it works now. i forgot to do ant war :(

sorry for bothering you guys