Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Siddharth Malhotra <si...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/12 00:20:51 UTC

5 node Hadoop Cluster!!! Some Doubts...

Hey,

I am student and working on a project using Hadoop. I have successfully
implemented the project on single node and Pseudo Distributed Mode.

I would now be implementing it on a 5 node cluster but I wanted know if
there would be any specific way I should setup the Tasktraker, Jobtracker &&
Namenode, Datanode. Like should I setup the Namenode, JOBtracker to the same
node or should I put it on different nodes. Similerly can I also setup the
Datanode and Tasktracker on the Masternode or only on the slave nodes. Does
any type of specific configuration help to improve the performance as such?

Awaiting a reply soon.

Thanks

Sid

--
Siddharth Malhotra

Mobile: +41 76 275 3991

Mail: : sid86.malhotra@gmail.com

Re: 5 node Hadoop Cluster!!! Some Doubts...

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.
Sid,

For such a small cluster, just put the Jobtracker and Namenode on the same
machine and the Tasktrackers and Datanodes in pairs on the other machines. I
can't think of anything else that would have an impact on performance for
you.

J-D