Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Fan Liya <li...@gmail.com> on 2019/07/22 02:53:11 UTC

[Memo] API Behavior changes

Hi all,

Let's track the API behavior changes in this email thread, so as not forget
about them for the next release.

ARROW-5842 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARROW-5842>: the
semantics of lastSet in ListVector changes. In the past, it refers to the
actually set.

ARROW-5973 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARROW-5973>: The
semantics of the get methods for VarCharVector, VarBinaryVector, and
FixedSizeBinaryVector changes. If the past, if the validity bit is clear,
the methods throw throws an IllegalStateException when
NULL_CHECKING_ENABLED is set, or returns an empty object when the flag is
not set. Now, the get methods returns a null if the validity bit is clear.

Best,
Liya Fan

Re: [Memo] API Behavior changes

Posted by Fan Liya <li...@gmail.com>.