Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by test ninena <te...@yahoo.com> on 2006/01/20 09:35:33 UTC

Access and navigaition question with JSF application

Hi,

I am switching from struts to JSF framework. I am
running into a problem whereby I am not sure what is
the best approach for the following problem.

I have four pages

1) Login.faces - Login Page that captures user name
and password.
2) Console.faces - Home page for the application and
contains a commandlink to the TicketEntry.faces page.
3) TicketEntry.faces - Ticket Page that captures
ticket number, description, contact name and phone
number. To search contact, i have a commandbutton next
to the contact name field in the form. When the button
is pressed, the action will navigate to the
ContactSearch.faces.
4) ContactSearch.faces - Search Page that is used for
searching names and also displays list of search
results.

I have three backing bean. One for the login page, one
for the ticketentry page and one for the contactsearch
page.

Question:
1) After a user login's through the login.faces page,
how do I stop a user going to the ContactSearch.faces
directly. I only want the user to go to the
ContactSearch.faces page  only when he click on the
button on the TicketEntry.faces page.

2) In struts, I can have one class and have many
Action methods. By passing the method name, I can
invoke the method. Each method can display different
jsp pages. How do i get the same results in jsf.

Thanks
--Arun

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Access and navigaition question with JSF application

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
http://java.sun.com/j2ee/1.4/docs/tutorial/doc/JSFIntro.html