Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by siegfried <si...@heintze.com> on 2008/01/04 01:36:32 UTC

How to supress page breaks between bullet and text?

I have some bulleted items that consist solely of a gif file. Fop is
inserting page breaks between the bullet and the gif file. How may I
suppress this in my XSLT? In the case that I have a paragraph of text, I
would want it to break after the first line of text.

Thanks,

Siegfried

Re: How to supress page breaks between bullet and text?

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Jay Bryant wrote:
> Try putting the image and text into two different cells in a one-row
> table and setting keep-together="always" on the row.

A fo:list-block should do the trick too:
  http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/#fo_list-block

J.Pietschmann

Re: How to supress page breaks between bullet and text?

Posted by Jay Bryant <ja...@bryantcs.com>.
>I have some bulleted items that consist solely of a gif file. Fop is
> inserting page breaks between the bullet and the gif file. How may I
> suppress this in my XSLT? In the case that I have a paragraph of text, I
> would want it to break after the first line of text.

Hi, Siegfried,

Try putting the image and text into two different cells in a one-row table
and setting keep-together="always" on the row.

FOP eats memory when it creates tables, which may be a problem in a very
large document. However, this trick works for most documents. I've used it
in documents that are hundreds of pages long (think software manuals with
lots of images and tables).

HTH

Jay Bryant
Bryant Communication Services