Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Ditso <di...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/05 11:10:32 UTC

Update form inside zone on submit failure

Hi all,

I am currently having the following problem:

I have a form inside a zone which is linked to the form. When I trigger a
submit and the onvalidate does not succeed and I recorded errors to the
form. The onsucces is not excuted, obviously, but the zone is not updated
either which now should show the <t:errors /> field.

My question is there a simple way to trigger this update after the
submission?

Regards,
Dieter

Re: Update form inside zone on submit failure

Posted by Lenny Primak <lp...@hope.nyc.ny.us>.
Sounds like this should be fixed.  I voted for this bug to be fixed.  You should too.

Posted by Ivan Khalopik <ik...@gmail.com>.
Use EventConstants.FAILURE event handler to return updated zone. There is
also a bug in T5 with form validation inside zone:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-1512

You can try a workaround for this:
http://mutabra.blogspot.com/2012/09/tapestry-fixed-control-name-fixin.html

On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 12:10 PM, Ditso <di...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am currently having the following problem:
>
> I have a form inside a zone which is linked to the form. When I trigger a
> submit and the onvalidate does not succeed and I recorded errors to the
> form. The onsucces is not excuted, obviously, but the zone is not updated
> either which now should show the <t:errors /> field.
>
> My question is there a simple way to trigger this update after the
> submission?
>
> Regards,
> Dieter

BR
Ivan

Re: Update form inside zone on submit failure

Posted by Taha Siddiqi <ta...@gmail.com>.
Please read http://tapestry.apache.org/forms-and-validation.html

You can use onFailure for handling any form submission failures. If you want to perform a common operation on success and failure you can use onSubmit()

regards
Taha