Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Reka Thirunavukkarasu <re...@wso2.com> on 2015/04/20 14:19:59 UTC

Architectural Discussion and Code Reviews for Composite Application support for 4.1.0

Hi

Can we start architectural discussion and code reviews in hangout for
Composite Application Support? So that everyone can get know about the
concepts and we can get the feedback to improve the code quality and the
functionality further.

Concepts in Composite Application
===========================

-  Composite Application and Cartridge groups
-  Cartridge/Group level deployment Policy
-  StartupOrder, termination behavior and Scale dependents
-  Dependency Scaling
-  Group Scaling
-  Application Bursting

Implementation details (areas to be covered  in code reviews)
- Application deployment(addition, deployment and signup)
- Application Parser
- Nested Cartridge Groups
- Applications Topology and ClustersTopology
- Hierarchical Locking for Topology
- Dependency Tree
- ApplicationInstance, GroupInstance and ClusterInstance
- Monitor Hierarchy
- Monitor and Data structure
- Monitor to Monitor communication
- Application/Group/Cluster Status Calculation
- Parsing Group/Cartridge level Policy
- Application Undeployment
- Metadata service

We can have one/two architectural discussion depending on the volume
followed by code reviews. WDYT?

Please add, if i have missed any other area to be covered..

Thanks,
Reka

--
Reka Thirunavukkarasu
Senior Software Engineer,

Re: Architectural Discussion and Code Reviews for Composite Application support for 4.1.0

Posted by Vishanth Balasubramaniam <vi...@wso2.com>.
+1 It would be a great value if we add them to our youtube channel.

--
*Vishanth Balasubramaniam*
Software Engineer

mobile: *+94771737718*
about me: *http://about.me/vishanth <http://about.me/vishanth>*

Re: Architectural Discussion and Code Reviews for Composite Application support for 4.1.0

Posted by Anuruddha Liyanarachchi <an...@wso2.com>.

Posted by Chamila De Alwis <ch...@wso2.com>.

Posted by Reka Thirunavukkarasu <re...@wso2.com>.

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.

Posted by Vishanth Balasubramaniam <vi...@wso2.com>.
Hi Devs,

Find the review notes below.

Reviewed the changes as well as the following classes in general

*AutoscalerService.java*

   - updateApplication method: comment to mention the accepted values to
   update
   - We can use void instead of returning boolean from all the methods,
   since the false is never returned because it throws exception
   - break the lengthy lines

   - Typos and Naming conventions
   - ApplicatioinPolicyNotExistsExceptions typo should be change to
      ApplicationPolicyNotExistsExceptions
      - addServiceGroup method: servicegroup should be corrected to
      serviceGroup
      - addDeployementPolicy to correct the typo
      - deploymentPolicyID to be changed to deploymentPolicyId
   - Method comments should have comment for returns
   - Refactor serviceGroup into cartridgeGroup
   - addDeploymentPolicy method: add the exceptions in the comment
   - removeDeploymentPolicy method: same exception is throw twice

*AutoscalerServiceImpl.java*

   - validateAutoScalerPolicy should be changed to validateAutoscalingPolicy
   - Typos and Naming conventions
      - Convention is to use autoscalingPolicyId
      - validateAutoScalerPolicy method: cartridgeContexts typo
      - undeployApplication method: gracefull to graceful
   - getCartridgeContextsOfGroupsRecursively method: changing list to
   array, the array size was not given
   - getCartridgeContextsOfGroupsRecursively method: use list.addAll
   instead of iterating to add

Regards,
Vishanth

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.