Posted to builds@apache.org by Roger Meier <ro...@bufferoverflow.ch> on 2011/08/03 23:08:44 UTC

request for more Jenkins Plugins & Ubuntu Packages

Dear Build Server Admins

Could you install the following plugins on jenkins?
- NodeJS
- GIT
- Cppcheck
- SLOCCount

And these Ubuntu Packages?
cppcheck sloccount git

Another Question, do all Ubuntu machines have the same CPU architecture?

Thanks
Roger

Re: request for more Jenkins Plugins & Ubuntu Packages

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 10:27 PM, Roger Meier <ro...@bufferoverflow.ch> wrote:
> Cppcheck is a widely used static analysis tool for C/C++, see:
> http://cppcheck.sourceforge.net/
> Sloccount is used for counting physical source lines of code for many
> languages and at Apache Thrift we have 17 languages.
>
> For Cppcheck and Sloccount  are Jenkins Plugin available, they publish the
> results very nicely.
> I really recommend the two Plugins and the corresponding Ubuntu packages,
> they are stable.

Will install on the next Jenkins restart.

> I would like to use git for getting source from external repos(e.g. new
> languages). Sometimes the building patch, update jira roundtrip is time
> consuming, especially for larger patch sets. Verify build and unittest in
> advance would be great, it seems to be stable as well. However, this is just
> a nice to have.

Pulling in source code from outside of ASF SVN and building on the
Jenkins slaves are not a great idea. I think code that runs on the ASF
Jenkins slaves should be covered by ASF oversight.

/niklas

AW: request for more Jenkins Plugins & Ubuntu Packages

Posted by Roger Meier <ro...@bufferoverflow.ch>.
Cppcheck is a widely used static analysis tool for C/C++, see:
http://cppcheck.sourceforge.net/
Sloccount is used for counting physical source lines of code for many
languages and at Apache Thrift we have 17 languages.

For Cppcheck and Sloccount  are Jenkins Plugin available, they publish the
results very nicely.
I really recommend the two Plugins and the corresponding Ubuntu packages,
they are stable.

I would like to use git for getting source from external repos(e.g. new
languages). Sometimes the building patch, update jira roundtrip is time
consuming, especially for larger patch sets. Verify build and unittest in
advance would be great, it seems to be stable as well. However, this is just
a nice to have.

Nodejs, I just started to use it, but cannot say how stable it is.

-Roger

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 11:08 PM, Roger Meier <ro...@bufferoverflow.ch> wrote: