Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by James Taylor <jt...@4lane.com> on 2002/02/25 03:18:22 UTC

RE: cvs commit: jakarta-turbine-stratum/src/test-conf TestDiskCache.ccf

On Sun, 2002-02-24 at 21:13, Aaron Smuts wrote:
> I guess you fixes the problem, but I suspected there may be an issue.
> You could change the order of the purgatory remove.  Check to see if it
> has been removed from purgatory where it is.  After writing to disk,
> remove from purgatory.  You can just put the remove at the end of the
> method to help.

That's pretty much what I did, although I reordered some things just so
it reads cleaner. But essentially it checks if it is spoolable, spools
it, and then removes it from purgatory.

> I've never noticed a problem though and I've hit is pretty hard.

It's probably a problem I introduced while refactoring.

> What exactly is wrong with the JISP disk cache?  I thought it was fairly
> close to working.

I haven't looked into it beyond that it failed the test. Chunks of keys
were being lost. Like, I write out 200 keys, and then get them back and
for some reason 35-70 are null. I'm afraid to make any assumptions about
that since the memory cache is also involved -- it needs further
investigation.

-- jt

RE: cvs commit: jakarta-turbine-stratum/src/test-confTestDiskCache.ccf

Posted by Aaron Smuts <aa...@verizon.net>.

Good.  Sorry I haven't looked at the changes yet.

> > I've never noticed a problem though and I've hit is pretty hard.
>
> It's probably a problem I introduced while refactoring.

You're too generous. :)

> > What exactly is wrong with the JISP disk cache?  I thought it was
fairly
> > close to working.
>
> I haven't looked into it beyond that it failed the test. Chunks of
keys
> were being lost. Like, I write out 200 keys, and then get them back
and
> for some reason 35-70 are null. I'm afraid to make any assumptions
about
> that since the memory cache is also involved -- it needs further
> investigation.

Hmmn.

I noticed some problems with the comparison, the equals? Method, of the
JispKey that I created, but I thought I fixed them.

I originally had a problem with incorrect equivalence.  I thought
performance was the only problem.

Could it be the same purgatory ordering issue?  Jisp writes will take
longer.

Aaron