Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org> on 2005/08/11 01:58:20 UTC

Re: How to use a different transformer

Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
> Thanks for any help on this.

There is not much core Cocoon documentation about replacing
Xalan with Saxon, but there is a useful page at
http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/Saxon

Remember that with the power of the Cocoon sitemap
you can use the default Xalan for most processing
and just use Saxon for certain pipelines. Or use
Saxon for everything.

-David

Re: How to use a different transformer

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Ferdinand Soethe wrote:

>My main question really is:
>
>Would I only have to replace (in sitemap.xmap)
>

>><map:transformers default="xslt">
>>

>with
>

>><map:transformers default="xslt-saxon">
>>

>to use Saxon in as default in all my my Forrest-transformations? Is it
>that easy?

Hi:

Sorry for my late reply.

To be 100% you are using saxon, I will suggest also to rename the saxon
transformer to "xslt". That way you will not need to change nothing in
the code.

Also check if in other parts of the code is not used "xsltc" or "xalan".

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.

Re: How to use a different transformer

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
Ferdinand Soethe wrote:

> David Crossley wrote:
>
>>There is not much core Cocoon documentation about replacing
>>Xalan with Saxon, but there is a useful page at
>>http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/Saxon
>

>>Remember that with the power of the Cocoon sitemap
>>you can use the default Xalan for most processing
>>and just use Saxon for certain pipelines. Or use
>>Saxon for everything.
>

> Thanks for the links. I had already found most of them but I'm not
> sure how everything fits together.
>
> My main question really is:
>
> Would I only have to replace (in sitemap.xmap)
>

>><map:transformers default="xslt">
>

> with
>

>><map:transformers default="xslt-saxon">
>

> to use Saxon in as default in all my my Forrest-transformations? Is it
> that easy?

It should be, just try it and let us know if it is ;-)

Ross

Re: How to use a different transformer

Posted by Ferdinand Soethe <fe...@apache.org>.

--