Posted to dev@aries.apache.org by Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org> on 2010/11/09 12:51:16 UTC

[DISCUSSION] Aries TLP draft resolution

I have drafted the resolution from the template [1]. The list of
initial members is the list of our current committers [2].

Please would you take time to read and comment on this thread before I
start a vote thread when the discussion has abated.

Thanks,
Jeremy

[1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/private/committers/board/templates/podling-tlp-resolution.txt
(Apache ID access only)
[2] http://people.apache.org/committers-by-project.html#aries

## Resolution to create a TLP from graduating Incubator podling

    X. Establish the Apache Aries Project

       open-source software related to a set of pluggable Java
       components enabling an enterprise OSGi application programming
       model for deployment to a variety of OSGi based runtimes, for
       distribution at no charge to the public.

       Committee (PMC), to be known as the "Apache Aries Project",
       Foundation; and be it further

       RESOLVED, that the Apache Aries Project be and hereby is
       related to a set of pluggable Java components enabling an
       enterprise OSGi application programming model for deployment to
       a variety of OSGi based runtimes;
       and be it further

       RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache Aries" be
       and hereby is created, the person holding such office to
       serve at the direction of the Board of Directors as the chair
       of the Apache Aries Project, and to have primary responsibility
       for management of the projects within the scope of
       responsibility of the Apache Aries Project; and be it further

       Apache Aries Project:

         * A. J. David Bosschaert    <da...@apache.org>
         * Adam Wojtuniak    <aw...@apache.org>
         * Alan Cabrera    <ad...@apache.org>
         * Alan T Keane    <at...@apache.org>
         * Alasdair Nottingham    <no...@apache.org>
         * Andrew Osborne    <oz...@apache.org>
         * Bartosz Kowalewski    <bk...@apache.org>
         * Bertrand Delacretaz    <bd...@apache.org>
         * Carsten Ziegeler    <cz...@apache.org>
         * Chris Wilkinson    <cw...@apache.org>
         * Davanum Srinivas    <di...@apache.org>
         * David Jencks    <dj...@apache.org>
         * Emily Jiang    <ej...@apache.org>
         * Eoghan Glynn    <eg...@apache.org>
         * Graham Charters    <gc...@apache.org>
         * Guillaume Nodet    <gn...@apache.org>
         * Hiram R. Chirino    <ch...@apache.org>
         * Holly Cummins    <cu...@apache.org>
         * Ian Robinson    <ir...@apache.org>
         * J. Daniel Kulp    <dk...@apache.org>
         * James Strachan    <js...@apache.org>
         * Jarek Gawor    <ga...@apache.org>
         * Jean Sebastien Delfino    <js...@apache.org>
         * Jeremy Hughes    <hu...@apache.org>
         * Joseph Alan Bohn    <jb...@apache.org>
         * Kevan Lee Miller    <ke...@apache.org>
         * Kiril Malenkov Mitov    <km...@apache.org>
         * Lei Wang    <rw...@apache.org>
         * Lin Sun    <li...@apache.org>
         * Mark Nuttall    <mn...@apache.org>
         * Niklas Gustavsson    <ng...@apache.org>
         * Nikolai Dimitrov Tankov    <ni...@apache.org>
         * Par Niclas Hedhman    <ni...@apache.org>
         * Richard McGuire    <ri...@apache.org>
         * Sabine Heider    <he...@apache.org>
         * Sergey Beryozkin    <se...@apache.org>
         * Stuart McCulloch    <mc...@apache.org>
         * Timothy James Ward    <ti...@apache.org>
         * Valentin Mahrwald    <ma...@apache.org>
         * Violeta Georgieva Georgieva    <vi...@apache.org>
         * Zhaohui Feng    <rf...@apache.org>
         * Zoe Slattery    <zo...@apache.org>

       NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that XXXXXX
       be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache Aries, to
       serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
       death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
       or until a successor is appointed; and be it further

       RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Aries PMC be and hereby is
       tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
       encourage open development and increased participation in the
       Apache Aries Project; and be it further

       RESOLVED, that the Apache Aries Project be and hereby
       Incubator Aries podling; and be it further

       Incubator Aries podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
       Project are hereafter discharged.

Re: [DISCUSSION] Aries TLP draft resolution

Posted by Emily Jiang <em...@googlemail.com>.
+1

Emily

--
Thanks
Emily

Re: [DISCUSSION] Aries TLP draft resolution

Posted by David Bosschaert <da...@gmail.com>.
+1 - looks good to me.

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@gmail.com>.
+1

Joe

Posted by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com>.
+1

Jarek

Re: [VOTE] Aries TLP draft resolution

Posted by Mark Nuttall <mn...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org>.
On 17 November 2010 16:54, Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com> wrote:
> +1
>
> We should note that the PPMC has voted to chose Jeremy Hughes as the PMC Chair.
>
> Also, this vote thread has gotten messy with the mix of [DISCUSSION] and [VOTE] threads. I think we can assume that they are all *votes*.

For some reason the mail archive [1] has my [VOTE] mail as a child of
the the [DISCUSSION] mail. Possibly because I hit 'forward' on the
[DISCUSSION] and changed the subject.

[1] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-aries-dev/201011.mbox/thread?1

Jeremy

Re: [VOTE] Aries TLP draft resolution

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
+1

We should note that the PPMC has voted to chose Jeremy Hughes as the PMC Chair.

Also, this vote thread has gotten messy with the mix of [DISCUSSION] and [VOTE] threads. I think we can assume that they are all *votes*.

--kevan

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
+1

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 19:04, Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org> wrote:
> Since there hasn't been any discussion, I hope everyone is ok with
> this. Please vote for the resolution wording below as the one we would
> like the Incubator PMC to put forward to the board.
>
> Thanks,
> Jeremy

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet
------------------------
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/
------------------------
Open Source SOA
http://fusesource.com

Re: [VOTE] Aries TLP draft resolution

Posted by zoe slattery <zo...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
+1

Dan

dkulp@apache.org
http://dankulp.com/blog

Re: [VOTE] Aries TLP draft resolution

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Alasdair Nottingham <no...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org>.
For the record here's my +1

Posted by Chris Wilkinson <Ch...@uk.ibm.com>.
+1

Chris
_____________________________________

Chris Wilkinson
OSGi Technologies
Websphere ESB Foundation Technologies
IBM United Kingdom

Internal  : 246465     External : +44 (0)1962-816465
E-mail    : Chris.Wilkinson@uk.ibm.com

From:   Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org>
To:     aries-dev@incubator.apache.org
Date:   15/11/2010 18:05
Subject:        [VOTE] Aries TLP draft resolution
Sent by:        jpjhughes@gmail.com

[...]

Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.

[VOTE][RESULT] Aries TLP draft resolution

Posted by Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org>.
We have a resolution that were happy with in the Aries community. The
vote passed with the following result:

13 +1
Aladair Nottingham (PPMC)
Chris Wilkinson (Committer)