Posted to dev@celix.apache.org by Bjoern Petri <bj...@sundevil.de> on 2015/02/15 19:39:43 UTC

__unused attribute on linux

Hi all,

Specifying the unused attribute via "__unused"  seems to not work with
my Linux gcc. According to
https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/Function-Attributes.html, a different
syntax should be used __attribute__((unused)). While this works for
Linux, I have no idea whether this is fine for MacOS as well.  I already
committed the according changes - can someone should shortly check
whether the code still compiles on MacOS?

Regards,
   Bjoern

Re: __unused attribute on linux

Posted by Alexander Broekhuis <a....@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Tested on my Mac, all seems to be ok, I'll use the GNU notation for other
cases, though some online docs say __unused should work as well with GNU :S.

Anyway, no problem!

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Alexander Broekhuis