Posted to users@maven.apache.org by hossainsaad <ho...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/20 08:23:48 UTC

very new to maven & Eclipse and java

I have wrote one test case in my new work place. now i have seen in other
codes they  have POM.xml.
ques # 1==Could anybody tell me what exactly I have to put there to run my
test. I am adding a pom.xml which i tried but did not work. let me know what
i have to add. We are using Spring jdbc template. I am adding the test code
and the pom.xml.

first the test code is :

import java.util.List;

import junit.framework.TestCase;

import org.springframework.context.ApplicationContext;
import org.springframework.jdbc.core.JdbcTemplate;

import com.tracfone.core.bean.User;
import com.tracfone.core.component.ApplicationContextLoader;
import com.tracfone.domain.api.user.UserDAO;

public class UserDaoTestCase extends TestCase {

	private static final String CONFIG_FILE =
"C:/projects//Sadd/src/test/java/userTestCase.xml";

	private JdbcTemplate jdbcTemplate = null;
	private UserDAO userDAO = null;

	public UserDaoTestCase() {
		super();

	}

			ApplicationContext applicationContext =
ApplicationContextLoader.load(CONFIG_FILE);

			jdbcTemplate = (JdbcTemplate) applicationContext.getBean("jdbcTemplate");

			userDAO = (UserDAO) applicationContext.getBean("userDAO");

			jdbcTemplate.execute("delete from table_user where objid=323");
			System.out.println("Junit Test case for user setUp3");
			jdbcTemplate.execute("INSERT INTO TABLE_USER ( " +
						"OBJID, LOGIN_NAME , PASSWORD ) VALUES (323,'testtracfone','test')");

			super.setUp();
		}

		protected void tearDown() throws Exception {

			jdbcTemplate.execute("delete from table_user where objid=323");
			super.tearDown();
		}

		public void testFindUser(){

			User user = userDAO.findUser("testtracfone");
			String password="";
			if(user.getPassword()!=null){
				password=user.getPassword();
			}
			String id="";
			if(user.getId()!=null){
				id=user.getId();
			}
			assertEquals("323",id);
			assertEquals("test",password);

		}

		public void testFindUsersByGroup(){

			List userList = userDAO.findUsersByGroup("ADMINCONSOLE");
			//String password="";
			assertNotNull(userList);
			assertEquals(userList.size(),4);
		}
}

the rough pom i have wrote is

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

4.0.0
Sadd

//Ques#2:what should be groupID?? if my folder name is Sadd

simple

// Ques#3what should I put here in artifactId, what does it mean

jar
1.0-SNAPSHOT
simple
http://maven.apache.org

			junit
			junit
			3.8.1
			test

			org.springframework
			spring
			2.0

			Sadd
 // Ques#4 Again if my folder name is Sadd, am i doing right?

			com.core
// Ques#5my Sadd folder is dependant on com.core, am i doing right??
			1.0
			test

				org.apache.maven.plugins
				maven-compiler-plugin

					1.4
					1.4
					true

				org.apache.maven.plugins
				maven-surefire-plugin

						**/*TestCase.java

					true

Ques#6: I have seen environmental.xml also. what it does??

Sorry if my questions are too imple or stupid. I wanted to learn maven by
actually doing a project. thats wht i m trying to do. if anybody could help
me thank you in advance.

Re: very new to maven & Eclipse and java

Posted by Lachlan Deck <la...@gmail.com>.
Hi Hossain,

On 20/04/2008, at 4:27 PM, hossainsaad wrote:

> I have wrote one test case in my new work place. now i have seen in
> other
> codes they  have POM.xml.
> ques # 1==Could anybody tell me what exactly I have to put there to
> run my
> test. I am adding a pom.xml which i tried but did not work. let me
> know what
> i have to add. We are using Spring jdbc template. I am adding the
> test code
> and the pom.xml.

I'm also relatively new to maven... but I think you'll find that
you'll have better success if you do the tutorial here:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/getting-started/index.html

There's one bug in the tutorial under 'How do I create documentation?'
you should type the following rather than what's written.
mvn site:site

> the rough pom i have wrote is
>
> //Ques#2:what should be groupID?? if my folder name is Sadd

Think of groupId like packages in java. It's up to you - but you'd
normally use your reverse domain, for example.

> <artifactId>simple</artifactId>
>
> // Ques#3what should I put here in artifactId, what does it mean

Something that uniquely identifies your project/artifact (i.e., the
thing you're building) from other artifacts that might live one day in
a repository.

> 		<dependency>
> 			<groupId>Sadd</groupId>
> // Ques#4 Again if my folder name is Sadd, am i doing right?

Doesn't hurt. But it doesn't matter.

> 			<artifactId>com.core</artifactId>
> // Ques#5my Sadd folder is dependant on com.core, am i doing right??

Check the pom declaration for core. They should match. artifactIds
shouldn't have '.'s in them. They're usually the final part of a fully
qualified id.
It sounds like the group id for core should be  Sadd.com
i.e.,
<artifactId>core</artifactId>
<groupId>Sadd.com</groupId>

> Sorry if my questions are too imple or stupid. I wanted to learn
> maven by
> actually doing a project. thats wht i m trying to do. if anybody
> could help
> me thank you in advance.

I think maven is one of those things that you really need to do some
reading first - before trying to piece things together like you've
attempted to. See the tutorial link above... you should find after
going through it bit by bit that you'll have a better idea of things.

with regards,
--

Lachlan Deck

Re: very new to maven & Eclipse and java

Posted by hossainsaad <ho...@gmail.com>.
Sorry for the mess. I m posting again:

[...]

			List userList = userDAO.findUsersByGroup("ADMINCONSOLE");
			//String password="";
			assertNotNull(userList);
			assertEquals(userList.size(),4);
		}
}

the rough pom i have wrote is

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
<groupId>Sadd</groupId>

//Ques#2:what should be groupID?? if my folder name is Sadd

<artifactId>simple</artifactId>

// Ques#3what should I put here in artifactId, what does it mean

<packaging>jar</packaging>
<version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
<name>simple</name>
<url>http://maven.apache.org</url>
<dependencies>

		<dependency>
			<groupId>junit</groupId>
			<artifactId>junit</artifactId>
			<version>3.8.1</version>
			<scope>test</scope>
		</dependency>

		<dependency>
			<groupId>org.springframework</groupId>
			<artifactId>spring</artifactId>
			<version>2.0</version>
		</dependency>

		<dependency>
			<groupId>Sadd</groupId>
 // Ques#4 Again if my folder name is Sadd, am i doing right?

			<artifactId>com.core</artifactId>
// Ques#5my Sadd folder is dependant on com.core, am i doing right??
			<version>1.0</version>
			<scope>test</scope>
		</dependency>

</dependencies>