Posted to modules-dev@httpd.apache.org by Erica Zhang <er...@cs.ubc.ca> on 2007/02/22 10:56:24 UTC

Some question about adding some independent module or middleware to intercept HTTP requests

Hi,

Now, I want to aggregate some HTTP requests on client and then send
those requests by use of one file. So I need to parse the file on the
server. Then handle those requests one by one. To realize those
purposes. I want to intercept HTTP request from the client and after
doing analysis and operations on the request, input those parsed
requests to Apache HTTP Server (or other kinds of server. I do not want
this module or middleware to be limited special platform.). Then the web
server would work as before.

Is there some way to work it out ? I just want to do it as follows: I
will catch the request file by use of another port different with HTTP
server and then send the analyzed request by use of HTTP client to the
Apache HTTP Server one by one. Is that OK ? Additionally, how will it
affect the performance ?  Is there some way for me to input those
request just like a local call instead of using HTTP client ? Also,
which way is better for me to transfer the request file from client to
the server ?

Thanks,

Erica

Re: Some question about adding some independent module or middleware to intercept HTTP requests

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.
On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 01:56:24 -0800
Erica Zhang <er...@cs.ubc.ca> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Now, I want to aggregate some HTTP requests on client and then send
> those requests by use of one file. So I need to parse the file on the
> server. Then handle those requests one by one.

I'm not sure that makes sense (though it does sound like a
reinvention of a web services protocol).

Anyway, if you don't want to adopt the usual approach of wrapping
those requests in XML, POST your original request with a MIME
multipart request body.  Then you can write a handler to process
that (using an appropriate MIME parsing library), and then run
the aggregated requests as Apache subrequests.

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/

Re: Some question about adding some independent module or middleware to intercept HTTP requests

Posted by Joachim Zobel <jz...@heute-morgen.de>.
Am Donnerstag, den 22.02.2007, 01:56 -0800 schrieb Erica Zhang:

> requests to Apache HTTP Server (or other kinds of server. I do not want
> this module or middleware to be limited special platform.). Then the web

Then this is not the right place to ask (beyond general http advice).
Apache modules are definitely limited to the apache platform.

Apache however runs on a large number of OSes.

Sincerely,
Joachim