Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by John Lilley <jo...@redpointglobal.com.INVALID> on 2022/11/02 00:58:06 UTC

Problem with Artemis auto-delete queues

Greetings,

In our migration from AMQ classic to Artemis, I believe that I’ve found a problem.  This is all using JMS and Artemis 2.24.  It would seem that the following can happen:

  *   The configuration allows auto-delete.
  *   A queue is in use.  Messages are sent and received.
  *   The consumers of the queue all go away, but producers remain
  *   The queue is auto-deleted
  *   A producer puts a message on the queue.  This seems to fail silently – the JMS call succeeds but the queue is not recreated.
  *   Subsequently, this is also revealed by Jolokia calls to enumerate the queue length also reporting that either the queue does not exist or it is empty (I don’t know which, yet)

This worked just fine with AMQ classic.  So my first question is, is this a known issue?  If not, I can cook up an example.

Thanks
John

[rg] <https://www.redpointglobal.com/>

John Lilley

Data Management Chief Architect, Redpoint Global Inc.

888 Worcester Street, Suite 200 Wellesley, MA 02482

M: +1 7209385761<tel:+1%207209385761> | john.lilley@redpointglobal.com<ma...@redpointglobal.com>

PLEASE NOTE: This e-mail from Redpoint Global Inc. (“Redpoint”) is confidential and is intended solely for the use of the individual(s) to whom it is addressed. If you believe you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately, delete the e-mail from your computer and do not copy, print or disclose it to anyone else. If you properly received this e-mail as a customer, partner or vendor of Redpoint, you should maintain its contents in confidence subject to the terms and conditions of your agreement(s) with Redpoint.

RE: Problem with Artemis auto-delete queues

Posted by Vilius Šumskas <vi...@rivile.lt>.
P.S. You probably will need to remove (ignore) system addresses, like activemq.management, from the addresses.txt in order to keep them.

--
    Vilius

Posted by Vilius Šumskas <vi...@rivile.lt>.
Yes, sorry I replied to the wrong thread.

--
    Vilius

[rg]<https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=https%3a%2f%2fwww.redpointglobal.com%2f&c=E,1,88RSDFty6yi5Wu_eqSt8B5ocbaOslLNuF1yrbhosXCUDKcWABHsujkJftmSy4u2ZvHojfF5ot2b5Q_ZZBO_Uzra42-csvyC6BwRSZ3oZ2ZfLhwmM&typo=1>

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.

Posted by John Lilley <jo...@redpointglobal.com.INVALID>.
Hi Clebert,

The problem is not that auto-delete settings aren’t being honored.  That is working fine, and queues are being auto-deleted.

The problem seems to be that a queue is auto-deleted even when there is a JMS producer active (but no consumers).  When the producer places a message on the queue, it seems to succeed, but actually nothing happens.  The auto-deleted queue is not recreated.

If you find this report to be shocking or implausible (and I would not blame you), please let me know and I will try to distill the issue into a simple example.

On the other hand, if this is a known behavior and there is a workaround, I would love to know.

Thanks
John

[rg] <https://www.redpointglobal.com/>

John Lilley

Data Management Chief Architect, Redpoint Global Inc.

888 Worcester Street, Suite 200 Wellesley, MA 02482

*** [Caution] This email is from an external source. Please use caution responding, opening attachments or clicking embedded links. ***

You have to enable a settings to enable auto delete. Address settings.

But after created the auto delete flag is part of the queue. Take a look in the queue settings.

[rg]<https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=https%3a%2f%2fwww.redpointglobal.com%2f&c=E,1,pihnQxdCjwXdwtKZytsaC8Z4onGCrXsEg_Jz7vtjxNdbWUzKh-6TOZJkr0RJFj6E7zdhQa6XxpJHDMVW3P3Yl4BJbnaO-bUtz_z7lgByzWf-RUDonOs,&typo=1>

888 Worcester Street, Suite 200 Wellesley, MA 02482<https://www.google.com/maps/search/888+Worcester+Street,+Suite+200+Wellesley,+MA+02482?entry=gmail&source=g>

M: +1 7209385761<tel:+1%207209385761> | john.lilley@redpointglobal.com<ma...@redpointglobal.com>

PLEASE NOTE: This e-mail from Redpoint Global Inc. (“Redpoint”) is confidential and is intended solely for the use of the individual(s) to whom it is addressed. If you believe you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately, delete the e-mail from your computer and do not copy, print or disclose it to anyone else. If you properly received this e-mail as a customer, partner or vendor of Redpoint, you should maintain its contents in confidence subject to the terms and conditions of your agreement(s) with Redpoint.
--
Clebert Suconic

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.