Posted to l10n@openoffice.apache.org by Ahmad Alawsie <ah...@hotmail.com> on 2018/02/08 01:45:50 UTC

Alternative solution for Pootle registration troubles...

Hi all,

I have raised this suggestion on Github: https://github.com/translate/pootle/issues/6805 where you can see what I think could be done to smoothen the registration process for a Pootle account.

Regards,

Ahmad A

Re: Alternative solution for Pootle registration troubles...

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
Ahmad,

Andrea is exercising oversight on the part of the Project Management Committee (PMC.) We have to know who we give permission to Pootle. We have a similar approach to the Wikis. For the code we actually vote in private to give people committers rights. This is standard practice at the Apache Software Foundation. The mantra is Community over Code and in this way we foster direct connections. We are also all volunteer.

We are willing to have the initial interaction assure that an individual is doing more than one or two drive by changes.

I appreciate your eagerness and earnest desire to help.

Regards,
Dave

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.