Posted to user@struts.apache.org by BlackKnight <ww...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/21 18:07:34 UTC

Struts2.16 Source Code study:Help! What happened in request.getParameterMap()?

Hi, guys

I am studying struts2 source code.

I am wondering how struts2 get those parameters from a submitted
webform. So I traced the program from filterdispatch.class into
DefaultActionMapper.class(). I found a method

public void handleSpecialParameters(HttpServletRequest request,
ActionMapping mapping) {
Map parameterMap = request.getParameterMap();//the line

}

The thing I don't understand is before this line was called. debug show
the parameterMap in request is empty! however after this line. the
parameterMap was filled with values!!!And this methods is not traceable.
So my questions are:

1) where did struts2 /xwork2 get parameter from the webform and put them
into the request body.
2) what happened in that line?

Thanks in advance!

Frank