Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Adriano Crestani <ad...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/07 22:59:42 UTC

[DAS Java] created SDO graph doubt 2

Another doubt:

I have the following tables on my database:

create table B (
    ID INTEGER NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY
);

create table A (
    ID INTEGER NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY,
    B_ID INTEGER,
    FOREIGN KEY (B_ID) REFERENCES B(ID)
);

OK, then I was analyzing the generated sdo graph when I execute the query
"select * from A, B;", I got something like this:

Graph1:
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/download/attachments/45093/das_graph.JPG

I understand the column B_ID would be considered only an integer column when
of table A when there is no B table returned on the query. However, the B
table is also returned on the query and as the B_ID column is a FK to the
table B, shouldn't the graph be like this?:

Graph2: http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/download/attachments/45093/das+
graph+as+I+suppose+it+shoud+be.JPG
<http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/download/attachments/45093/das+graph+as+I+suppose+it+shoud+be.JPG>

This way I think the data returned by the query would be better represented
on the graph. Maybe there is a reason for the graph to be generated as
Graph1 instead of Graph2.
What do you say guys?

Adriano Crestani

Re: [DAS Java] created SDO graph doubt 2

Posted by Kevin Williams <ke...@qwest.net>.
I responded before this was moved to "... graph doubt 2".  See my answer
there.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
Interesting, I have a same scenario on a shoppingcart application I am
working on, and it does not work if I don't have the relationship defined on
my das config.

Posted by Brent Daniel <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Adriano Crestani <ad...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kevin Williams <ke...@qwest.net>.
It would be possible to support what you are asking but then the DAS
runtime would have to process and relate all the returned rows.  I think
this work is better suited to the Database which is optimized for to do
this as part of a "join".
--Kevin

Posted by Adriano Crestani <ad...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kevin Williams <ke...@qwest.net>.