Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Crossley, Jim" <Jc...@tandbergtv.com> on 2007/05/08 16:51:43 UTC

Continuum dead?

Is Continuum dead?  It hasn't been released in over a year.  I need for
it to build multi-module project snapshots correctly.

Thanks,
Jim

RE: Continuum dead?

Posted by Mayank Gupta <ma...@globallogic.com>.
Yes, you are right. And some of CI tools are really good.

For Post release functions, Quickbuild is a wonderful tool. Bamboo is another CI tool but it is more helpful in pre release activities like unit testing and code coverage review.

With Regards,
Mayank

Posted by Greg Morgan <dr...@cox.net>.

Re: Continuum dead?

Posted by Milos Kleint <mk...@gmail.com>.
+1 on hudson.

RE: Continuum dead?

Posted by Jason Chaffee <ja...@tvworks.com>.
I just started converting to Hudson as well. It is extremely well
written and it by far and away blows continuum out of the water, in
features, in functionality, and of course stability.

If you're not happy with the turnaround on continuum, take a look at
Hudson.  The maven integration is great and releases/bug fixes come
incredibly quickly.

https://hudson.dev.java.net/

(I didn't write it... just a user :-)

> On 5/8/07, Crossley, Jim <Jc...@tandbergtv.com> wrote:
>
> > Is Continuum dead?  It hasn't been released in over a year.  I need
for
> > it to build multi-module project snapshots correctly.
>
> Continuum has its own user and dev lists, for which you can find
> subscription info here:
>
>    http://maven.apache.org/continuum/mail-lists.html
>
> Or you can follow the discusson on Nabble:
>
>    http://www.nabble.com/Continuum---Users-f13868.html
>
> --
> Wendy

Gregory Kick
http://kickstyle.net/

Re: Continuum dead?

Posted by Gregory Kick <gk...@gmail.com>.
If you're not happy with the turnaround on continuum, take a look at
Hudson.  The maven integration is great and releases/bug fixes come
incredibly quickly.

https://hudson.dev.java.net/

(I didn't write it... just a user :-)

> On 5/8/07, Crossley, Jim <Jc...@tandbergtv.com> wrote:
>
> > Is Continuum dead?  It hasn't been released in over a year.  I need for
> > it to build multi-module project snapshots correctly.
>
> Continuum has its own user and dev lists, for which you can find
> subscription info here:
>
>    http://maven.apache.org/continuum/mail-lists.html
>
> Or you can follow the discusson on Nabble:
>
>    http://www.nabble.com/Continuum---Users-f13868.html
>
> --
> Wendy

Gregory Kick
http://kickstyle.net/

Re: Continuum dead?

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Re: Continuum dead?

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
No, it isn't dead. 1.1-alpha-1 was released few days ago but the site isn't updated yet and we'll release alpha-2 before one month.

Emmanuel