Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Struts Newsgroup (@Basebeans.com)" <st...@basebeans.com> on 2002/07/04 11:25:03 UTC

HTML frames or JSP templates?

Subject: HTML frames or JSP templates?
From: "Hu Ji Rong" <hu...@yahoo.com>
 ===
Hi,

I saw some people use HTML frames while others use JSP templates to handle
the frame-like pages. Which one is better? Or there are something better?

Thanks in advance.
JiRong

File UpLoad

Posted by "Sudhir S. Shetty" <ss...@powershare.net>.
Hello Everybody,
                            I would like to create a browse , in my
application to upload a file, it could be any kind of Document i.e.
*.doc,*.txt,*.xml.
I would like the capability to browse to this file in my system from my
application and upload it, then I have to insert
it in to the Oracle RDBMS.
Can you provide me with some sample code or some pointers how to implement
this exactly,
I did give a search, but the only thing I found was something similar but
implemented in Espresso, I need something that has been implemented in
struts.
Kindly assist me on this.
thanks in advance,
regards,
Sudhir

RE: HTML frames or JSP templates?

Posted by fabrice dewasmes <fd...@kaptech.com>.
hi

I think you should use includes. why ? Because we've made a huge project
using frames and realized that it is hard to maintain and it is really
painful to always check if the frames are still there and if not reload them
or what to reload when user clicks on this or that : you're losing trace of
your user's navigation.

It may seem difficult to stick with include features but you have total and
easy control of your user sees.

hope this helps

Fabrice