Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by "michael.griffiths3@baesystems.com" <mi...@baesystems.com> on 2016/02/26 18:29:26 UTC

Auto installation of template

Hi all,

Is there a method in which I can auto-import a template during the installation of NiFi without having a user to manually Import a  template?
I've moved the exported templates into the /templates directory and then launched NiFi, which didn't import them. I'm also unable to see an "import template" REST API in the documents.

Many thanks,

Michael

Michael Griffiths
System Developer
BAE Systems Applied Intelligence

 E: michael.griffiths3@baesystems.com

BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, Surrey Research Park, Guildford, Surrey, GU2 7RQ.
www.baesystems.com/ai<http://www.baesystems.com/ai>

Please consider the environment before printing this email. This message should be regarded as confidential. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender and destroy it immediately. Statements of intent shall only become binding when confirmed in hard copy by an authorised signatory. The contents of this email may relate to dealings with other companies under the control of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence Limited, details of which can be found at http://www.baesystems.com/Businesses/index.htm.

Re: Auto installation of template

Posted by Matt Burgess <ma...@gmail.com>.
Michael,

I don't think you can put a template into conf/templates and have it be
picked up, I tried a couple of things and it looks like the system manages
the things put in there.

For the REST API, the documentation for uploading a template is missing
because there are two ways to use POST and the doc generation tool only
grabs one of them.  There was an email a while back where Matt Gilman
explained how to use the other form of POST with multi-part form data to
upload/import a template:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/nifi-users/201512.mbox/%3CCAFddr27eTHQABOFTf5P8onE20P8jcdyCusYZ9u6-ySjwvddWBQ%40mail.gmail.com%3E

Regards,
Matt