Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Arun Katkere <ka...@praja.com> on 2000/07/25 00:10:02 UTC

Auto generated JK and JServ config files

Looking at the sources I don't see any way of controlling what is written
into $TOMCAT_HOME/conf/mod_jk.conf-auto (and tomcat-apache.conf).
Auto-generation of Alias and <Directory> directives is very useful, but
since we use RedHat, we can't even make it past the first line ("LoadModule
jk_module libexec/mod_jk.so"). I am sure a lot of others have hit this "one
size fits all" issue as well.

I don't mind trying to make this more configurable. What do you guys think
is the best way to parameterize/templatize auto file generation? This is
probably too trivial a task to try to define a custom template language or
even to justify bundling a third party template engine (:) ). If I were to
parameterize it somehow, I am not sure how I can pass information to
ApacheConfig task. Through server.xml? How?

-arun

Re: Auto generated JK and JServ config files

Posted by cm...@yahoo.com.
This was supposed to be part of the deployment tool ( and/or admin tool),
with the auto-generation of (sample!!) config files as a temporary
solution.

I'm not sure if this should be part of tomcat or not - probably the best
aproach would be to integrate the configuration in one of the
"generic" tools ( linuxconf, etc) - the problem is very complex and
require a lot of code, and it may end up to be more complex than tomcat
:-)

Costin