Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by deckrider <de...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/25 22:23:38 UTC

scm in pom?

It appears that I have to put scm information into my pom.xml in order
to use a Maven 2 project in Continuum.  Is this true?

The reason I'm concerned about this, is suppose I'm in CVS, and create
a lot of branches and tags in each of my projects.  Now I want to
convert to Subversion.  My job of converting is now more than
importing CVS history into Subversion and reconfiguring Continuum, but
I have to go into each of my projects, and their branches, tags, and
trunk to change the pom (kind of defeats the purpose of tagging them
in the first place if I have to change the source code when I change
my scm system).

But hopefully I'm mistaken and there is some better way (I'm still new
to Maven and Continuum).

Thanks in advance.

Re: scm in pom?

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.

Wendy Smoak a écrit :
> On 10/25/07, deckrider <de...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> pom.xml?  Thus if its no longer valid, everything else would still
>> work in the case that we needed to rebuild some artifacts from their
>> original tags?
>
> It gets used when you generate the website [1], but that and Continuum
> are the only things I know of that care about it.   Maybe the scm
> plugin uses it?

scm plugin, changelog plugin, release plugin.

Re: scm in pom?

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

--
Wendy

Re: scm in pom?

Posted by deckrider <de...@gmail.com>.
> On 10/25/07, deckrider <de...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > It appears that I have to put scm information into my pom.xml in order
> > to use a Maven 2 project in Continuum.  Is this true?
>
> Yes.  That's how Continuum knows how to find the source code to check it out.

Thanks for responding.

Re: scm in pom?

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 10/25/07, deckrider <de...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It appears that I have to put scm information into my pom.xml in order
> to use a Maven 2 project in Continuum.  Is this true?

Yes.  That's how Continuum knows how to find the source code to check it out.

I can't imagine why you would add code from a tag to Continuum... but