Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Yibing Li <yl...@gnxchange.com> on 2002/10/08 22:45:06 UTC

Present Action Errors in a table

Folks,

   Understanding that <html:errors/>  can present a list of errors, I need
to present errors in the following format:

    	Row Number    Field Name     	Error Message
      1             CompanyName     CompanyName is required
      1             email address   email address does not contain "@"
      2             Last Name       Last Name is required

Specifically this is for a page to upload many rows and each row is a record
that has to be validated.

Since I18n is required,  I really should use ActionErrors to handle the
error message in the third column. The second column can be localized
directly from header info. I have some ideas but none of them are good
enough.

I wonder whether I can use some struts tags such as logic:iterate and
html:errors to handle this.

Please help me if you have done something similar.

Thanks,

Yibing