Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org> on 2009/01/11 12:52:29 UTC

Bug fixes and improvements to compiler plugin

I'm trying the Tuscany Maven-Eclipse compiler plugin and running into
some issues with its OSGi support, so I'm going to try to contribute a
few bug fixes and improvements to it:

- incorrect logic in ClassLoaderNameEnvironment.isPackage() returns true
on classes;

- packages not visible although they're available from the
SystemClassLoader (e.g. javax.xml.soap);

- slow bundle resolution, o.e.osgi.service.resolver.State.resolve(true)
should be faster;

- endless loop with OSGi require/import cycles;

- the plugin doesn't use OSGi package access rules to compile;

I'm busy, but I'll try to spend a bit of time on these fixes next week.
--
Jean-Sebastien

Re: Bug fixes and improvements to compiler plugin

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 9:07 AM, Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com> wrote:
> That would be great. Thanks.
>
> Sent from my iPod
>
> On Jan 11, 2009, at 3:52 AM, Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
>> I'm trying the Tuscany Maven-Eclipse compiler plugin and running into some
>> issues with its OSGi support, so I'm going to try to contribute a few bug
>> fixes and improvements to it:
>>
>> - incorrect logic in ClassLoaderNameEnvironment.isPackage() returns true
>> on classes;
>>
>> - packages not visible although they're available from the
>> SystemClassLoader (e.g. javax.xml.soap);
>>
>> - slow bundle resolution, o.e.osgi.service.resolver.State.resolve(true)
>> should be faster;
>>
>> - endless loop with OSGi require/import cycles;
>>
>> - the plugin doesn't use OSGi package access rules to compile;
>>
>> I'm busy, but I'll try to spend a bit of time on these fixes next week.
>> --
>> Jean-Sebastien

Another thing I noticed is that the compiler plugin usually attempts
to validate each bundle twice:
1. when it compiles src/main/java
2. when it compiles src/test/java

Doing it once is probably enough :) and faster too.

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.
That would be great. Thanks.

Sent from my iPod

On Jan 11, 2009, at 3:52 AM, Jean-Sebastien Delfino <jsdelfino@apache.org