Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Keith <kp...@avaya.com> on 2001/10/15 16:01:39 UTC

Configuring SSL with IIS redirector

Hello,

What are the proper steps to configure SSL security on portions of
Web-context served by Tomcat via the IIS redirector?   The on-line
documentation I have read doesn't address this scenario.

Here is the situation I am running into: if I create a virtual directory

under IIS and set the directory properties to require SSL and this
directory IS NOT a context that the Tomcat redirector is configured to
handle,  then SSL is properly enforced. (Naturally since Tomcat is not
even in the picture here.)  However,  if I then edit my
uriworkermap.properties such that this directory IS a context that the
redirector will handle, then SSL is bypassed.  I can access the page
without using https.   It seems like the redirector grabs it before IIS
attempts to enforce the SSL requirement.

So how do I set up SSL access to portions of a context that the IIS
redirector is handling so that SSL is actually enforced?

Thanks,
Keith
kphawkins@avaya.com