Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Marek Blotny <Ma...@cognifide.com> on 2005/12/07 15:51:04 UTC

persistance manager - failed to read node state

Hi,

I have very simple test which do following things:

1)       creates node (with few subnodes)

2)       search through repository to find this node (using
QueryManager)

3)       checkout node

4)       updating few properties (and few subnodes)

5)       checkin node

Test is supposed to create 10 000 such nodes but unfortunately somewhere
in the middle (always on a different iteration) I got following
exceptions:

DerbyPersistenceManager:

14:39:41,500 ERROR (SimpleDbPersistenceManager.java:466) - failed to
read node state: 49fa31a8-f5f4-4fae-8a45-a153ab7b28ea

java.io.EOFException

            at
java.io.DataInputStream.readFully(DataInputStream.java:268)

            at java.io.DataInputStream.readUTF(DataInputStream.java:639)

            at java.io.DataInputStream.readUTF(DataInputStream.java:610)

            at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.util.Serializer.deserialize(Serializer.
java:153)

            at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.db.SimpleDbPersistenceManager.load(Simp
leDbPersistenceManager.java:458)

            at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.SharedItemStateManager.loadItemState(Sh
aredItemStateManager.java:749)

            at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.SharedItemStateManager.getNonVirtualIte
mState(SharedItemStateManager.java:676)

            at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.SharedItemStateManager.getItemState(Sha
redItemStateManager.java:197)

            at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.SharedItemStateManager.store(SharedItem
StateManager.java:451)

            at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.LocalItemStateManager.update(LocalItemS
tateManager.java:344)

            at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.LocalItemStateManager.update(LocalItemS
tateManager.java:306)

            at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.version.VersionManagerImpl.internalCheckin(Ve
rsionManagerImpl.java:502)

            at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.version.VersionManagerImpl.checkin(VersionMan
agerImpl.java:416)

            at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.NodeImpl.checkin(NodeImpl.java:2728)

            at
com.oyster.mom.contentserver.dao.jcr.NodeUtils.checkin(NodeUtils.java:59
)

            at
com.oyster.mom.contentserver.dao.jcr.NodeUtils.rollbackAndCheckin(NodeUt
ils.java:178)

            at
com.oyster.mom.contentserver.dao.jcr.PageDaoImpl.create(PageDaoImpl.java
:202)

            at
com.oyster.mom.contentserver.dao.jcr.PageDaoImpl.create(PageDaoImpl.java
:142)

            at
com.oyster.mom.contentserver.dao.jcr.PageDaoImpl$$FastClassByCGLIB$$4298
9034.invoke(<generated>)

            at
net.sf.cglib.proxy.MethodProxy.invoke(MethodProxy.java:149)

            at
org.springframework.aop.framework.Cglib2AopProxy$CglibMethodInvocation.i
nvokeJoinpoint(Cglib2AopProxy.java:698)

            at
org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(Ref
lectiveMethodInvocation.java:122)

            at
com.oyster.mom.contentserver.decorator.PerformanceTestDecorator.invoke(P
erformanceTestDecorator.java:24)

            at
org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(Ref
lectiveMethodInvocation.java:144)

            at
org.springframework.aop.framework.Cglib2AopProxy$DynamicAdvisedIntercept
or.intercept(Cglib2AopProxy.java:643)

            at
com.oyster.mom.contentserver.dao.jcr.PageDaoImpl$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$19eaf
a6.create(<generated>)

            at
com.oyster.mom.contentserver.domain.PageFactory.create(PageFactory.java:
61)

            at
com.oyster.mom.contentserver.manager.StructureManagerImpl.createPage(Str
uctureManagerImpl.java:169)

            at
com.oyster.mom.contentserver.manager.StructureManagerImpl$$FastClassByCG
LIB$$6925ee79.invoke(<generated>)

            at
net.sf.cglib.proxy.MethodProxy.invoke(MethodProxy.java:149)

            at
org.springframework.aop.framework.Cglib2AopProxy$CglibMethodInvocation.i
nvokeJoinpoint(Cglib2AopProxy.java:698)

            at
org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(Ref
lectiveMethodInvocation.java:122)

            at
com.oyster.mom.contentserver.decorator.SimpleTransactionDecorator.invoke
(SimpleTransactionDecorator.java:72)

            at
org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(Ref
lectiveMethodInvocation.java:144)

            at
com.oyster.mom.contentserver.decorator.IntegrityTestDecorator.invoke(Int
egrityTestDecorator.java:72)

            at
org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(Ref
lectiveMethodInvocation.java:144)

            at
net.sf.acegisecurity.intercept.method.aopalliance.MethodSecurityIntercep
tor.invoke(MethodSecurityInterceptor.java:80)

            at
org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(Ref
lectiveMethodInvocation.java:144)

            at
com.oyster.mom.contentserver.decorator.ReturnSessionToPoolDecorator.invo
ke(ReturnSessionToPoolDecorator.java:32)

            at
org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(Ref
lectiveMethodInvocation.java:144)

            at
com.oyster.mom.contentserver.decorator.PerformanceTestDecorator.invoke(P
erformanceTestDecorator.java:24)

            at
org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(Ref
lectiveMethodInvocation.java:144)

            at
com.oyster.mom.contentserver.decorator.ExceptionInterceptor.invoke(Excep
tionInterceptor.java:44)

            at
org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(Ref
lectiveMethodInvocation.java:144)

            at
org.springframework.aop.framework.Cglib2AopProxy$DynamicAdvisedIntercept
or.intercept(Cglib2AopProxy.java:643)

            at
com.oyster.mom.contentserver.manager.StructureManagerImpl$$EnhancerByCGL
IB$$a450efc5.createPage(<generated>)

            at
com.oyster.mom.contentserver.manager.StressTest.testCreatePages(StressTe
st.java:44)

            at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
Method)

            at
a:39)

            at
Impl.java:25)

            at
junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult.java:124)

            at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTe
stRunner.java:478)

            at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(RemoteTestRun
ner.java:344)

            at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main(RemoteTestRu
nner.java:196)

14:39:41,609 ERROR (SimpleDbPersistenceManager.java:466) - failed to
[...]

org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.ChangeLog.undo(ChangeLog.java:322)

            at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.LocalItemStateManager.cancel(LocalItemS
tateManager.java:292)

            at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.version.VersionManagerImpl.internalCheckin(Ve
rsionManagerImpl.java:511)

[...]

additional information:

there are some problems with reading node
49fa31a8-f5f4-4fae-8a45-a153ab7b28ea but this node should exist:

13:04:38,296 INFO  (VersionManagerImpl.java:269) - Created new version
history 49fa31a8-f5f4-4fae-8a45-a153ab7b28ea for
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.NodeState@1aed910.

Do you have any suggestion how to deal with that?

--

Thanks

Marek

Re: persistance manager - failed to read node state

Posted by Stefan Guggisberg <st...@gmail.com>.
hi marek,

are you sure you run your test on an initially empty repository?
the serialization format has changed a couple of weeks ago.
that change is not backwards compatible and
DataInputStream.readUTF() throwing a EOFException is a
typical sign for incompatible data format.

if you can possitively rule the above possibility please provide
a simple test case (including code) for reproducing the
issue.

btw: impressive stack trace ;-)

cheers
stefan