Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Prasanna Santhanam <ts...@apache.org> on 2013/06/10 12:09:08 UTC

VPC and shared networks

Can we create shared networks inside a VPC? If yes - why does the UI
filter out the network offerings in the VPC dialog on listing networks
using forvpc=true & guestiptype=Isolated?

If no - we can get rid of a test suite - TestVMLifeCycleSharedNwVPC.
But was it supported before and dropped recently? I was able to create
a networkoffering with vpc=true and guestIpType=Shared, but the VPC
network creation fails with

"""
Network offering can't be used for VPC networks
"""

--
Prasanna.,

------------------------
Powered by BigRock.com

Re: VPC and shared networks

Posted by Chiradeep Vittal <Ch...@citrix.com>.
Not sure what the test case is trying to achieve, but you can have a VM
with a nic on a VPC subnet and another nic on a shared subnet.

Re: VPC and shared networks

Posted by Prasanna Santhanam <ts...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 03:39:08PM +0530, Prasanna Santhanam wrote:
> Can we create shared networks inside a VPC? If yes - why does the UI
> filter out the network offerings in the VPC dialog on listing networks
> using forvpc=true & guestiptype=Isolated?
>
> If no - we can get rid of a test suite - TestVMLifeCycleSharedNwVPC.
> But was it supported before and dropped recently? I was able to create
> a networkoffering with vpc=true and guestIpType=Shared, but the VPC
> network creation fails with
>
> """
> Network offering can't be used for VPC networks
> """

Filed: CLOUDSTACK-2920