Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Chris Purves <ch...@northfolk.ca> on 2006/10/20 04:15:18 UTC

sa-update with cron

I'm running sa-update from a bash script in /etc/cron.hourly but I keep
getting the following every time the script runs:

run-parts: /etc/cron.hourly/sa-update exited with return code 1

I believe this is because sa-update only returns error code 0 when something
has been updated so that you can append && restart spamd command.

I tried appending 2>/dev/null to the command in order to get rid of the error
code, but that didn't make a difference.

I don't have much experience with redirecting bash outputs, so any help would
be appreciated.

--
Take care,
Chris