Posted to user@pivot.apache.org by Aanjaneya Shukla <aa...@vmware.com> on 2011/02/03 11:57:34 UTC

Accessing the properties of control in my window

Hi,
Having the window object, how can I access controls and its properties in that window.

Thanks.

Re: Accessing the properties of control in my window

Posted by Chris Bartlett <cb...@gmail.com>.
Are you asking how to get a reference to Pivot Components that are contained
within a Window?  From yesterday's question you seem to be aware of the
@BXML annotation as well as the 'name' property of Component.

You can iterate over the Components within a Container and perform whatever
checks you need to identify the object you are looking for.  (Container
implements Iterable<Component> )

If you set its name (directly or via bxml:id) you can check for that, or
otherwise some set of known/expected property values.

Once you have a reference to the Component you can access it much as you
would any other Java class, casting to a more specific type if desired.  The
only real difference would be that interaction with a Component's skin is
only intended via the Component's StyleDictionary. which can be retrieved
with Component#getStyles()

Chris