Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by stockii <st...@googlemail.com> on 2011/04/06 08:42:31 UTC

Re: how to start GarbageCollector

why is solr copy my complete index to somewhere when i start an delta-import?

i copy one core, start an full-import from 35Million docs and then start an
delta-import from the last hour (~2000Docs).
dih/solr need start to copy the hole index... why ? i think he is copy the
index, because my hdd-space starts to increase imediatly ...

my live core ended a delta in 5-10 seconds !?!?!?!?!?!?

i run jconsole during this time, what say it to me ?

-----

One Server, 12 GB RAM, 2 Solr Instances, 7 Cores,
1 Core with 31 Million Documents other Cores < 100.000

- Solr1 for Search-Requests - commit every Minute  - 5GB Xmx
- Solr2 for Update-Request  - delta every Minute - 4GB Xmx