Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by GOMEZ Henri <hg...@slib.fr> on 2001/03/27 00:46:55 UTC

RE: ajp13 and tomcat restart - next (final) release + AJ13 PROPOS AL

>Looks about ready for more general testing.  I like the new
>ajp13_operation.  Two things:
>
> 1) l. 648 (op->recoverable = JK_FALSE).

I set op->recoverable to JK_FALSE just after
detected upload mode (dropped var)

Find included the latest .c since I miss diff cmd
under W2K rigth now.

Where could we put code in Ajp13Interceptor which
could be informed of context load/unload ?

I'd like to add context/webapp load/unload
à la mod_warp :)

will be new cmds in JK :

LOADEDCONTEXT + WEBAPP STRING
#define JK_AJP13_LOADED_CONTEXT   (unsigned char)8

UNLOADEDCONTEXT + WEBAPP STRING
#define JK_AJP13_UNLOADED_CONTEXT (unsigned char)9

Another proposal Strongest ACL
(LOGIN + SECRET STRING + PROTOCOL SETS)
#define JK_AJP13_LOGIN 		(unsigned char)10

Comments ?

Re: ajp13 and tomcat restart - next (final) release + AJ13 PROPOSAL

Posted by Dan Milstein <da...@shore.net>.
Henri,

1) Moving op->recoverable -- I looked more carefully, and you're right --
the uploadmode flag is guarding against the situation I was thinking about.
So it's fine the way it was.  One (minor) naming note -- that flag gets set
if there is more than 8K of request data, which can happen due to a file
upload, but could also just happen normally (via a few big TEXTAREA's, for
instance).  So it's more large_request_mode, than upload_mode.  Just to
mention it...

2) Adding context/webapp load/unload.

Great idea, but...  One of the biggest problems with ajp13 right now is that
there is no general way for TC to send a message to the Web Server.  The
commands you're adding would need to be sent from Tomcat to Apache, but that
can only be done once Apache has forwarded a request to Tomcat and is
waiting for a response (and a user servlet has its hands on the connection
at that point).  So I'm not sure how to add the feature you're looking for.
If we could add that, we could also have Tomcat inform the web server of a
general shutdown, so we could be more proactive about recycling TCP
connections.

-Dan

--

Dan Milstein // danmil@shore.net