Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Jonathon -- Improov <jo...@improov.com> on 2007/01/04 05:32:39 UTC

Adding items to an already approved Purchase Order

Adding items to an already approved Purchase Order seems to leave the newly added items at status
of "created", with no way of changing the status to "approved".

Does the fact that the status is not at "approved" affect the shipping? I tried to receive the
shipment, and I got only the approved items, not the non-approved (newly added) ones. How are
shipments tied to POs?

Also, is it actually possible to receive the same PO more than once? Why? Receiving the PO more
than once didn't give me more inventory, though, so it's not exactly broken here.

Why do I get multiple items for the same inventory (say I get 2 items for Product ID Cap)? I get
this by doing the above PO, where 1 Cap was in the original PO, and the 2nd Cap was added later,
all before the inventory receive.

In general, the entire SO/PO and shipping and inventory receive seems very buggy, or at least
missing several necessary constraints. Any documentation for these areas? Or are they "work in
progress"?

Compared to the Product Configurator (still buggy since it doesn't refresh storefront in timely
fashion) and the Variants mechanism (looks perfect), the above areas seem very unfinished.

By the way, some time back, I had also somewhat documented the inventory area with respect to the
order fulfillment and stock inadequacy aspects. There are certainly at least (or exactly?) 2 items
for each inventory: 1 for existing stock, another for backorders. Is this better documented anywhere?

Jonathon

Re: Adding items to an already approved Purchase Order

Posted by Jonathon -- Improov <jo...@improov.com>.
Well, in short (in case you have no time for the details below), I'd like to know this: How does
OpenTaps handle revisions to orders (customer changes shipping to UPS instead of FEDEX or we
change quantity of item to be bought from, say, 5 each to 10 each?