Posted to asp@perl.apache.org by Josh Chamas <jo...@chamas.com> on 2004/06/07 10:24:58 UTC

Re: Error Handling

Christopher Hicks wrote:
> Does anyone have a "best practices" example of error handling in
> Apache::ASP?  I have just developed a small Apache::ASP application and
> spending time following the error log and having to pass exceptions up the
> call stack by hand was my biggest disappointment.

I just use Perl's die().  When "PerlSetVar Debug 2" is set, you get
the output to the browser.  In production mode, this should be turned
off, but then the MailErrorsTo config can be used to email reports
at runtime, while serving up the standard Apache 500 server error page.

> Also, are there any good example of database-driven Apache::ASP
> applications out there?  The only example I could find was freeside (
> http://www.sisd.com/freeside/ ), but they seemed to be more Mason-oriented
> than Apache::ASP-oriented.  It may be a good example, but given how much
> trouble I had to go through just to see their ASP pages I have some major
> reservations.

I am not sure if its database driven, but you might try WebTime:

   http://webtime-project.net/index.asp

Regards,

Josh