Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org> on 2010/07/11 14:18:12 UTC

Re: JPA for imap 0.1 release

Hi Tim,

So there is consensus to leave the package naming as-is and move
entities with openjpa proprietary extension to the openjpa packages.

Currently, I have no well defined patch (only many trials I made).
I will implement some @ElementJoinColumn and @Index and test it with
real traffic.
Depending on the result and timing, we may integrate the changes in our
upcoming 3.0 M1 release.

I will also need to upgrade the current database schema and datas.
Probably the number of users that need this migration is very limited
(only users running a 3.0 trunk built snapshot).
However, we could use it as a base for the latter migrations and also
for the 2.3 to 3.0 migration.
I will look if an existing JIRA or create a new one to publish the progress.

Tks,

Eric

Re: JPA for imap 0.1 release

Posted by Tim-Christian Mundt <de...@tim-erwin.de>.
Hi Eric,

that sounds good. Let's see, if we can provide a sql-only migration
script. After solving issue IMAP-168 the database schema will change
again, so we'll have to take care of that, too.

Best
Tim

Re: JPA for imap 0.1 release

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org>.
You need to rename the mailbox names too:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IMAP-176

We changed #mail to #private.

Bye,
Norman