Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Mike Thomsen <mi...@gmail.com> on 2018/06/10 11:46:10 UTC

Should the elastic search client service impl get renamed before 1.7?

The current implementation uses the last stable release of the 5.X client
from Elastic, and 6.X is already mature so we'll need to be able to have
room to create a new implementation copy that uses that client if there are
things we have to change between them. So does it make sense to throw in a
new ticket to rename the service to something that indicates that this
implementation is officially for 5.X? As of 1.6 I think only one processor,
JsonQueryElasticSearch, uses it so not many uses would likely be impacted
yet.

Thanks,

Mike

Re: Should the elastic search client service impl get renamed before 1.7?

Posted by Bryan Bende <bb...@gmail.com>.
Lets make sure this is mentioned in the migration notes wiki for 1.7.0
since it will create a ghost component for existing flows that have
the ES service with the original name.

Posted by Mike Thomsen <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mike Thomsen <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Payne <ma...@hotmail.com>.