Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Brian Smith <bm...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/01 06:43:53 UTC

Re: New Setup, CloudStack 4.8 - Networking Problems

Hello,

I got a lot of help from Simon in the IRC channel.

I took the Native VLAN 81 off of the switchport config on the 6509. Once
that was completed, the public IP was pingable externally. We did some
further digging and 8.8.8.8 was being routed out via the private network
because I do not have internal DNS servers setup and I filled in 8.8.8.8 as
the internal DNS servers. So, in that sense, it was thinking 8.8.8.8 wasn't
going anywhere. I added a few rules and routed that 8.8.8.8 traffic it was
trying to send out through to the Internet and everything began working.

Again Simon and Rafael (sp) thanks for your help over the past two days.

I certainly hope I was able to help someone else out in the meantime. :)

Re: New Setup, CloudStack 4.8 - Networking Problems

Posted by ilya <il...@gmail.com>.
I'm a bit late to the party, but thanks for posting the details of your
problem and solution! This at some point will be searchable by search
engines and help another fellow CloudStack'er.