Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by 逐鹿 <zh...@hotmail.com> on 2009/06/01 09:55:52 UTC

How can I get startted with Nutch 1.0

Hi all,

I am really a freshman to Nutch and don't even know how to develop or build it.  What kind of tools should I use? How about the configuration ?  But I am so interested to it and cannt help unlocking its power.  I googled some pages but none of them satified me.  Can u help me with this ?  Some docs, steps will undoubtly save me a lot of time and speed up.  Thanks u all.  Nice day!

Arthur

上MClub和Messenger好友一起都市寻宝!
http://club.msn.cn/?from=1

Re: How can I get startted with Nutch 1.0

Posted by Susam Pal <su...@gmail.com>.
2009/6/1 逐鹿 <zh...@hotmail.com>:
> Hi all,
> I am really a freshman to Nutch and don't even know how to develop or build
> it.  What kind of tools should I use? How about the configuration ?  But I
> am so interested to it and cannt help unlocking its power.  I googled some
> pages but none of them satified me.  Can u help me with this ?  Some docs,
> steps will undoubtly save me a lot of time and speed up.  Thanks u all.
> Nice day!
>
> Arthur

Hi Arthur,

If you just want to get a Nutch instance running, you can download the
latest release, Nutch 1.0 from here
http://lucene.apache.org/nutch/release/ and then read this article:
http://lucene.apache.org/nutch/tutorial8.html You will need Java and
Apache Tomcat.

If you want to build it from source code, you have to checkout the
latest source code from the subversion repository using a subversion
client and build the project by running the 'ant' command. It will
build the Nutch WAR file for you which you can deploy it into Tomcat
server. Here again, the URL to the tutorial that I have mentioned
above will help you. You will need a subversion client, Apache Ant,
Apache Tomcat and Java, preferably Java 6.

The subversion details are available at:
http://lucene.apache.org/nutch/version_control.html

Regards,
Susam Pal