Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Petar Tahchiev <pa...@gmail.com> on 2020/01/16 09:33:12 UTC

Paypal Declares Latest Release Pom in Maven Central

Hi devs,

the official paypal merchantsdk-java pom.xml here:
https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/com/paypal/sdk/merchantsdk/2.15.122/merchantsdk-2.15.122.pom
declares the following dependency:

<dependencies>
<dependency>
<groupId>com.paypal.sdk</groupId>
<artifactId>paypal-core</artifactId>
<version>LATEST</version>
</dependency>
</dependencies>

It also lists this repository:
<repositories>
<repository>
<id>sonatype-nexus-staging</id>
<name>Nexus Release Repository</name>
<url>
https://oss.sonatype.org/service/local/staging/deploy/maven2/
</url>
</repository>
</repositories>

which is password protected. As a result every time I build a project with
the merchantsdk dependency I get the following super  annoying warnings:
---------------------------------------
Downloading from sonatype-nexus-staging:
https://oss.sonatype.org/service/local/staging/deploy/maven2/com/paypal/sdk/paypal-core/maven-metadata.xml
[WARNING] Could not transfer metadata
com.paypal.sdk:paypal-core/maven-metadata.xml from/to
sonatype-nexus-staging (
https://oss.sonatype.org/service/local/staging/deploy/maven2/): Not
authorized
[WARNING] Failure to transfer com.paypal.sdk:paypal-core/maven-metadata.xml
from https://oss.sonatype.org/service/local/staging/deploy/maven2/ was
cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until
the update interval of sonatype-nexus-staging has elapsed or updates are
forced. Original error: Could not transfer metadata
com.paypal.sdk:paypal-core/maven-metadata.xml from/to
sonatype-nexus-staging (
https://oss.sonatype.org/service/local/staging/deploy/maven2/): Not
authorized
Moreover when my network is down the build takes eternity before it fails
with exception. And then I have to tell all my colleagues to build it with
-o

Is there any way to tell Paypal to update their pom.xml and upload a new
version?
There's a 2-year old issue here:
https://github.com/paypal/merchant-sdk-java/issues/46
but nobody seems to take a notice.
Is there any official way to contact Paypal and ask them to fix it?

--
Regards, Petar!
Karlovo, Bulgaria.

Re: Paypal Declares Latest Release Pom in Maven Central

Posted by Elliotte Rusty Harold <el...@ibiblio.org>.
That's up to paypal. There's nothing Maven can do about it.

On Thu, Jan 16, 2020 at 4:33 AM Petar Tahchiev <pa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi devs,
>
> the official paypal merchantsdk-java pom.xml here:
> https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/com/paypal/sdk/merchantsdk/2.15.122/merchantsdk-2.15.122.pom
> declares the following dependency:
>
> <dependencies>
> <dependency>
> <groupId>com.paypal.sdk</groupId>
> <artifactId>paypal-core</artifactId>
> <version>LATEST</version>
> </dependency>
> </dependencies>
>
> It also lists this repository:
> <repositories>
> <repository>
> <id>sonatype-nexus-staging</id>
> <name>Nexus Release Repository</name>
> <url>
> https://oss.sonatype.org/service/local/staging/deploy/maven2/
> </url>
> </repository>
> </repositories>
>
> which is password protected. As a result every time I build a project with
> the merchantsdk dependency I get the following super  annoying warnings:
> ---------------------------------------
> Downloading from sonatype-nexus-staging:
> https://oss.sonatype.org/service/local/staging/deploy/maven2/com/paypal/sdk/paypal-core/maven-metadata.xml
> [WARNING] Could not transfer metadata
> com.paypal.sdk:paypal-core/maven-metadata.xml from/to
> sonatype-nexus-staging (
> https://oss.sonatype.org/service/local/staging/deploy/maven2/): Not
> authorized
> [WARNING] Failure to transfer com.paypal.sdk:paypal-core/maven-metadata.xml
> from https://oss.sonatype.org/service/local/staging/deploy/maven2/ was
> cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until
> the update interval of sonatype-nexus-staging has elapsed or updates are
> forced. Original error: Could not transfer metadata
> com.paypal.sdk:paypal-core/maven-metadata.xml from/to
> sonatype-nexus-staging (
> https://oss.sonatype.org/service/local/staging/deploy/maven2/): Not
> authorized
> Moreover when my network is down the build takes eternity before it fails
> with exception. And then I have to tell all my colleagues to build it with
> -o
>
> Is there any way to tell Paypal to update their pom.xml and upload a new
> version?
> There's a 2-year old issue here:
> https://github.com/paypal/merchant-sdk-java/issues/46
> but nobody seems to take a notice.
> Is there any official way to contact Paypal and ask them to fix it?
>
> --
> Regards, Petar!
> Karlovo, Bulgaria.
> ---
> Public PGP Key at:
> http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x19658550C3110611
> Key Fingerprint: A369 A7EE 61BC 93A3 CDFF  55A5 1965 8550 C311 0611

--
Elliotte Rusty Harold
elharo@ibiblio.org

Re: Paypal Declares Latest Release Pom in Maven Central

Posted by Mykola Nikishov <mn...@mn.com.ua>.
Petar Tahchiev <pa...@gmail.com> writes:

[...]

> Is there any way to tell Paypal to update their pom.xml and upload a
> new version?

Voting with your $$$ aside, try this:

https://github.com/paypal/merchant-sdk-java/commit/62fc5b74bc964fb3cf5f69c70e2a25ab70064e66.patch

--