Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by ne...@swisslab.de on 2005/10/11 09:44:15 UTC

Trunk?

Hello List,

I ve seen that latetly a "FOP Trunk" version is offered at the download
pages. But since I can not download it from there (except than to download
each file maually by ist own), I wonder what the status of this version is.
I understood it like this is the long expected new branch of FOP (or a alpha
or bete of it). On the compilance page are entrys for the "Trunk" version.
So I think that it is in use somehow. But the latest entry on the news
section on the FOP site is from 8th of september 2005 welcoming Manuel Mall.

So my question is, what is it all about this "Trunk" Version and where can I
get it as a package.

Thank & regards,
Jan

Re: Trunk?

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
"FOP Trunk" specifies our latest, unreleased development code. As soon
as there is a release it will be properly announced and shown on the
news page. It was planned to do the first preview release in September
but we didn't manage to finish everything. I'd like to make that happen
this month, though. I hope we'll manage. Until then you can download the
source code from SVN as describes on the website:
http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/dev/tools.html#svn

We used to have repository snapshots so people don't have to download
the source code using SVN (or CVS before that), but these snapshots are
currently broken. Some weird long filename problem. I hope we can make
them available again, soon.

On 11.10.2005 09:44:15 news wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> I ve seen that latetly a "FOP Trunk" version is offered at the download
> pages. But since I can not download it from there (except than to download
> each file maually by ist own), I wonder what the status of this version is.
> I understood it like this is the long expected new branch of FOP (or a alpha
> or bete of it). On the compilance page are entrys for the "Trunk" version.
> So I think that it is in use somehow. But the latest entry on the news
> section on the FOP site is from 8th of september 2005 welcoming Manuel Mall.
>
> So my question is, what is it all about this "Trunk" Version and where can I
> get it as a package.
>
> Thank & regards,
> Jan

Jeremias Maerki